sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If it is 45 mil it should not harm it to much but you can cover it with a tarp .You can in the mean time put your pump in a bucket with lava rock to help the fish survive .You can on bunch the liner and maybe find how is suppossed to go up there .Pics would help .Sorry about your injury and all the things that are keeping you from enjoying your pond .The builders did wrong they should really correct there mistake but I can understand your not wanting to deal with them .But in letting them go they will do it again to other people .That would not be fair either .You may be able to use spray foam or pl roofing goop but would not know until we see a pic of what you are dealing with .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So sorry to hear all the bad things happening to you and now your pond too. Never had to do any repairs to my pond to be able to tell you which goop to use etc. but sure am pulling for you to be able to get it done soon. Hope the fish will be ok while you try the best you can. Hoping this new year will bring better health and healing to you 42 :cheerful:

Reaction score
Here is where I'm at, with how much is tore down. The second pic shows where I've removed the rock that sat between the waterfall spill and the the boulder still sitting. Inbetween those two is where the liner had been bunched. I straightened it as far as it will go, that is without having to move any more boulders. The next set of pics will show more bunching under the next large rocks, plus how short the liner had been cut.

post leak 016.JPG post leak 007.JPG post leak 005.JPG

The first pic is where the liner was bunched but now pulled out, and the next pic is behind that boulder. The last pic is behind the second boulder and it is where the second spill begins. The liner is very short I know, but can I foam is or use another adheasive to put a rock up against it? The pond is water level is a more than a foot below that. But, still you can see where the liner is still bunched and in between those two rocks the water will flow through if there isn't something there to stop it. I know that foam is not completely water proof, so what else should I use? I could if I have too, remove the next boulder, but removing the one next to it just isn't an option for me.

post leak 009.JPG post leak 002.JPG post leak 003.JPG

I did cover the liner, and put bubblers in the pond. I would put the fish in the little pond if I could catch them. I'm just sick about this, and though I don't want to deal with these so called pond builders myself, don't think for a second I'm going to keep quite about it. Just because it takes me longer to do things these days, doesn't mean I don't get things done. I'll find a way to warn others...can't stop me from that!

Reaction score
Really just need some input on best sealers to use, and how to prep used liner so it will stay sealed. Is a wet rag good enough to clean the liner? AlcohoI? Acetone, Ether...I don't know, never did this before. I don't know a thing about it, eccept what I've read in books. But would much rather hear from people who have used stuff that works. The liner is 45 ml and I haven't found a single rip or hole. Can I foam over old foam that remains on some of the rocks, or do I need to remove that stuff first? And when I reattach the spill plate, should I do it the same as it was done to begin with? Or use slightly bigger screws?
The liner is long enough behind that first boulder to hold the water in. post leak 002.JPG
All that gets filled in with dirt, and the water coming over the spill hardly even splashes onto it. It does however, run between the two and I'm wondering what I can do about that...other than moving them. Anything?post leak 003.JPGThere had been foam added there before, but it wasn't waterproof. The liner is bunched up there, too, but can't be pulled up without moving that giant boulder next to the second spill slab. post leak 005.JPG
I don't really know what was used but I do know there were two different kinds used. One was hard and stuck well and the other was puffy and wet.
Thanks guys, I'll get some better pics of the liner behind that giant boulder, in the morning...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Though we cant help you with your pond you have our sympathy with your problems body wise both of us living 24/7 365 days a tear with our own , we wish you a full leturn to health .
I'm sure someone from the forum will come up with an answer fo you and if they live near you come to your aid and help .
Keep smiling and dont let the buggers grind you down is our Moto .

Dave and val.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave, it's all gonna work out. I'm just gratefull for being here another day. Really try not to let things get me down...try more to get things done. Just sometimes have to do it in a different way. :cheerful:

Reaction score
Here's some better pics with a little more order to what it looks like. These first ones taken from the front.
2post leak 018.JPG2post leak 019.JPG2post leak 004.JPG
These are from the top
2post leak 001.JPG2post leak 002.JPG
and these are from the behind and down the back side of rocks.
2post leak 009.JPG2post leak 010.JPG
you can see here the where the pond liner lays underneath the falls liner.2post leak 011.JPG
and this one is without my foot underneath the liner, and going over the edgepost leak 003.JPG

So if this looks like it needs a complete tear down to be right...just tell me, so I can get it overwith and beyond, okay... :dunno:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can you push some of the rocks under that part of the liner up so it sits up like the way you have your hand .I did that with mine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could raise it with the rocks and then foam a rock in place inside the liner part to seal the inside rock to the liner and as long as an outside rock will hold the liner up it should stop it .You could try that first if it does not work then it will have to be rebuilt .The spray foam could be the crack filler they use around windows because it will be under the rock you will not see it

Reaction score
Thank you sissy, that's what I needed to know, or at least that's one down. What about when I put the spill plate back on? I mean whatever was used to seal it worked...there were no leaks that I could tell. Only the foam that was used for the first rocks lined up next to the spill was saturated. Also, the silicone they used to seal around the the outside hose leading in to the falls/bb tub just fell off when I was using a soft brush to get dirt off.
Once again, thank you soooo much!

I've had to be very aggressive with these guys before...remember the bog ordeal? When the water burst through the berm, because they cut the liner to short. I had to take the issue right up to fiing for a hearing before they would come fix that. I really don't want to go through all that again, and besides, I think that would be a bit of a battle in court. It's been over a year and I've made alterations to their origonal build.
Anyways they have 3 or 4 shows at various places around here every year. One of their biggest is at the college, during a fund raising event called GardenFest, put on by the Ag/ Horticulture Dept. My daughter plays a huge part in putting that together, infact she lives with the Enviromental Horticulture instructor/Tech who is the Coordinator of the event. Sooooo..... well there is alot that can be said. I will be there.....4sure.
I might give them fair warning, though. But, first I want to see how this goes with me doing the repairs. I just can't trust them, at all. And I do believe the rest of this town should know why...Oh, for the love of free speech :twocents:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry not on much today was at hospital all night until 3 pm today .I am just emotionally exhausted .Are you talking just a spill way or a filter fall .Most run the liner up to it and foam it and place rocks and foam around rocks so water is directed into the waterfall .You can see some good video''s of how to do it on you tube .With my filters I put a liner under my filter and it directs the water into the pond .If it is just the hose you saw in the pic then it is foamed in place
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54032]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54044]

Ask a Question