I need your honest opinion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That was before I pulled out two big armfuls. They form a beautiful filtering mat, but they were just a bit too much for the waterfall!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Blue water forget me not and creeping jenny do well. The creeping jenny prefers to be dirt anchored then it grows out into the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I find the forget me nots do better if they have a bit of soil to anchor to as well - definitely a shallow marginal. But they will grow into the water very quickly - they form a nice dense root mat from all the silt they filter out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So making an area on the waterfall with pe gravel will not work?
That's exactly how mine are/were planted. I used larger rocks to make 'walls', then stuck the plant in the middle & piled pea gravel over the top of the root ball to hold it in place. They started out pretty much bare root, but there was a bit of soil stuck to them & I didn't get worried about completely washing it off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
plant pocket & tucked in some Forget-me-not along one of the sides
agreed .

And like lisa mentioned lay the drift wood in the stream and laying on the edge so the water runs under the wood very cool effect and i would bet with the smaller rock on the falls it doubled in the audible volume.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
OK I took all of your suggestions very seriously and decided to re-do the entire waterfall. When complete i will post new photos.Thanks for all of your Great suggestions.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha, only your 2nd time to do a rebuild on your falls. I can't count how many times I rearranged mine,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well as an 80 year old and retired i really need something to keep me bussy.So far this pond is doing that. But when it is done i will undoubtedly find something to change.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All the power to you i hope i am still building a pond at 80.

Ask a Question