I never imagined I would be a pond owner :)

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
Until about 6 months ago I never thought in a million years I would own a pond. That all changed when my wife and I decided to move to NJ. The Garden state! Lol. I inherited a pond with the home that needed a lot of tlc but I saw the huge potential. I anxiously awaited for spring to arrive. I got started immediately repairing non winterized pipes that had frozen and cracked. A pump that had seized up, and worst of all a pond that looked and Smelled like a swamp. Yuk. After several hours of cleaning and trimming all the plant life that had consumed the pond, I realized right away that I was gonna enjoy this new hobby.
Here are some pics. Past and present. Some will look familiar as I have been posting for help along the way. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 339
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 315
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful five years ago neither did we as we kept our fish indoors sadly the very thing that kept us indoors fish keeping was very thing that sent us outdoors ill health.
On a huge indoor 200 gallon imperial tank would you believe that outdoors the work load is more than halved , now we kind of wish we had known that 27 years ago lol
Never mind all's well that end's well dont you think

rgrds

Dave

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
thanks everyone! I guess I never thought I would enjoy this new hobby as much as I am. When I first got started I felt like it was just another chore to add to the list but now I cant see being without it. I'm already thinking of my next water feature project out infront of the house. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful transformation there. Congrats on your new baby. Yep, you've got the bug! Have fun, as it's the most rewarding hobby I have ever had, and also cannot imagine not having a pond. :blueflower:

Ask a Question