I read Marijuana is a toxic plant what about Hops I think they're in the same fam?

laurabeth

Laura
Reaction score
My husband has started growing hops. I think they are close to the Marijuana family, at least that's what I heard. We were thinking of growing them eventually all along the fence around the pond, just because they grow so quickly every year and I would love how it would look.

But, i'll bet doing that leaves and stuff would fall into the pond.
So has anyone seen anything about hops being poisonous?
I'm googling and stuff right now as well.
Thanks!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Re: I read Marijuana is a toxic plant what about Hops I think they're in the same fam

hops arent in the marijuana family...HEMP is!! in fact hemp is marijuana but just of an extremely low potency.... hops are for beer

laurabeth

Laura
Reaction score
Re: I read Marijuana is a toxic plant what about Hops I think they're in the same fam

ohhh ok great thanks! My husband was right then. I must have read it wrong.

That's why we're growing the hops :bouncycig: we brew beer as a little hobby and thought it'd be great to have our own hops to use, now that we have a yard to grow them in.

Thanks

Reaction score

Mine don't seem to effect the fish, they just seem to be always hungry.

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 322
Reaction score

OK, before anyone calls the cops on me, its a swamp hybiscus and thats my story and sticking to it. I'm hungry:bouncycig:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Yes hops are toxic if you drink to much you may get sick or pass out.
The next morning you may still be sick and have a very bad headache.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score

A little whacky tobacky never hurt anyone.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score

didnt you ever see "Reefer Madness"?

Reaction score

Yeah, listen to the doctor!

Reaction score

I need to get another Swamp Hibiscus as my last one didn't make it though winter. Never had a plant that got so much attention. I would get so many strange looks when people saw it. They would either just stare for a long while and say nothing or they would glance and ask me if it was a pot plant.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

What kind of fish operations are you guy running up there ? :lol:

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score

DrCase said:
What kind of fish operations are you guy running up there ? :yikesu:
must be {HIGH} tech stuff :lol:

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score

Airic said:
I need to get another Swamp Hibiscus as my last one didn't make it though winter. Never had a plant that got so much attention. I would get so many strange looks when people saw it. They would either just stare for a long while and say nothing or they would glance and ask me if it was a pot plant.

As soon as I seen your pic I knew that was a hibiscus. LOL I had as hugh one in my bog a couple years back. Beautiful white flowers. Cold killed it.

Ask a Question