I set a few of my computers back to Windows 7 from 10.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol I had xp until last year, when that lappy died I went to win 8.1

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My computer will be 2 yrs old in Feb and I'm sticking w/'Win 7. We have till July to download the 10 and might do so and just save it to install if I ever need to if Win 7 goes away. I'll let all the others be the guinea pigs and wait for the reviews to come rolling in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved from W7 to 10 on my desktop - no issues at all. Fast to load and seamless. Absolutely no problems at all. 10 is a vast improvement over 8,
The laptop is still W7.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Problems running multiple monitors and compatibility with external devices on Windows 10 were the issues I had.

Reaction score
Problems running multiple monitors and compatibility with external devices on Windows 10 were the issues I had.
Did you update your video card driver? Does it have it's own software?
I did the upgrade to windows 10 on my desktop computer. I run two monitor displays, and switch one of them back and forth from the TV when we want to watch something on the big screen. Haven't had a problem but I use the NVIDIA display control panel rather then the windows display setting for switching the displays around. My NVIDIA video card is at least 4 years old now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Did you update your video card driver? Does it have it's own software?
I did the upgrade to windows 10 on my desktop computer. I run two monitor displays, and switch one of them back and forth from the TV when we want to watch something on the big screen. Haven't had a problem but I use the NVIDIA display control panel rather then the windows display setting for switching the displays around. My NVIDIA video card is at least 4 years old now.

Yes, the card software was updated.
On one computer (3 years old) with dual AMD video cards, one card stopped working. Another computer (4 years old) with dual AMD cards is working fine. 3 monitors on the computer that I dropped back to win 7, still have win 10 running on the other computer with 5 monitors.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
...and the process took a few days for each computer.

I'm normally one that embraces new technology because of the added security, but recent win 10 updates made my computers unusable.
I still have a couple of computers running win 10 and will re upgrade at a later date.

Posted this in case anyone else is experiencing similar difficulties.

Win 10 is an absolute disaster and is the reason I cut my 11 year partnership with Microsoft. I still have about 150 distros of Win 7, 8 & 8.1 that I support and still have 20 or so Win 7 licences to sell but once that ends I will be strictly M-1 Linux which is the Linux I built and update once every 6 months.
Here are screenshots of my Linux distro M-1 (v. 18.2)
Screenshot from 2015-12-08 07:43:25.png
Screenshot from 2015-12-08 07:43:02.png
Screenshot from 2015-12-08 07:42:57.png

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like Linux got it on computer up and running. A nice clean install. That poor computer died.
Been too busy with retired hubby to dive into it deeper. Actually sort of forgot about it.

Reaction score
Yes, the card software was updated.
On one computer (3 years old) with dual AMD video cards, one card stopped working. Another computer (4 years old) with dual AMD cards is working fine. 3 monitors on the computer that I dropped back to win 7, still have win 10 running on the other computer with 5 monitors.
Seriously? What do you use 5 monitors for?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The best advice I can give to someone wanting to trade a stock is take a course first.
90% of trading is done by machines, so you don't want to put your money in the market without knowing a bit beforehand.
Those machines are out there, ready and willing to take your money.;)

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The best advice I can give to someone wanting to trade a stock is take a course first.
90% of trading is done by machines, so you don't want to put your money in the market without knowing a bit beforehand.
Those machines are out there, ready and willing to take your money.;)
The only game I play is FOREX and so far have had good results. The other areas of the market are not my thing.

Ask a Question