I should know this by now :(

Reaction score
Help!!! Is this algae? My filters do seem to be picking it up. I just have to clean them almost every day. These are taken at the three different levels of my pond. I have a biofall, a pondmaster 500 gph pre pump box filter, and a pf 1. All of these have extra filters in them. I also have a beneficial bacteria dispenser. Here are the links, sorry about the photobucket thing:(

Info: 10x10 pond. Average depth is 2 1/2 ft.

1. Highest level- 1 1/2 ft deep

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/blackabbydog/pond/?action=view&current=102_1481.jpg

2. Middle level- 2 1/4 ft deep

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/blackabbydog/pond/?action=view&current=102_1480.jpg

PS, I can't find any 55 gallon barrels or I would do a diy biofilter

3. Lowest level- 3 ft deep

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/blackabbydog/pond/?action=view&current=102_1482.jpg

as you can see, at the low level, there is a pump. I also have a uv light, 9 watt. I have 7 waterlillies, some of which haven't really started up yet. HELP!! The first image, you see the outlet of my pf1. The water looks clear coming out, all though it is coming out at the rate of gravity.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the soaps, you just rinse 'em out.

You've got algae, yes, and a UV would clear that sucker up in a few days.

PS3

Reaction score
i just built a 55 gallon drum, skippy i got from a car wash
i rised it out every day for a week lol its fine u wil have no problem

Reaction score
I have a 9 watt uv filter already. My concern is this, with a 55 gallon filter I will have to buy a pump I don't really have the money for right now. The only local place that sells them has a hug markup and my wife doesn't allow me to go there because of how they treat the animals at this pet store.

Reaction score
Listen to these guys/ladies....they really make realistic recommandations. I have learned so much from this website.
My friend went to a car lot - they get car wash stuff in there too. They have the drum to him and said "send your friends" to get one. lol

Reaction score
27goldfish said:
to pump into the 55 gal drum.

you already have a pump don't you? just pump the water to the 55 gal drum. your pond is 1500+ gal and your pump is only 500GPH? you really need at least a 1000GPH if not 2000GPH pump. but if not make do with what you have and plumb in a 55gal barrel. the output can go to your biofall.

Reaction score
Oh no, let me clarify. That is only for the prebox filter. I have a tetra 2000 gph pump, that pondmaster 500gph pump, and another 500 gph pump. The 2000 gph is dedicated to the biofall. The pondmaster pump goes to a fountain. The other 500 gph pump goes to my pf1, tetra biofilter. The output of the pf1 also goes through a uv filter

Reaction score
Why they won't give out barrels

It has to do with laws that are written to protect us and our environment. If they give out a barrel and that barrel is found dumped in the woods it is their problem their fine. So many companies will not give out anything like that.

Ask a Question