I swear, the doctors are going to kill her

Reaction score
As I told you, my wife got gangrene in her left hand from a cast that was put on too tight. They put her in the hospital on IV antibiotics and put a pick line in her right arm. This is a very long rubber line that is inserted in the lower arm then guided up through the vein to just below the collarbone in the subclavian vein. I was there when they removed it, it was over a foot long.

The next morning her right hand was paralyzed and cold, it still is. We went to the emergency room and they now say that she has damage to the subclavian nerve and that she was "dehydrated" because her pulse was very fast and her blood pressure was low. The pressure infused a whole bag of saline into her.

I think that they pierced her subclavian vein with the small wire they used to guide the tube and she was bleeding inside putting her into hypovolemic shock. We went yesterday and they had to inject a blocker into her ganglia at the base of her throat. the veins did dialate and the hand got warm. All of this has been caused by doctors.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Usually when they put in a pic line they inject a small amount of dye to make sure it is placed correctly and they have not penetrated the vessel. Did they do that?

If there was a bleed it could put pressure on the nerve.

I hope she recovers well bullfrog.

Reaction score
You sound like a medical person addy.

Bullfrog, I can't imagine how frustrating and scary this is for you and your wife. You are both in my thoughts and hope the doctors get it right.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh I was hoping since we didn't hear anymore about her ordeal that everything was going good. Now I am shocked and dismayed at what has happened. I sure do pray that they can help her get her hand and arm back the way it should be. Tell Vicki to
thgetwellsoon.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsabelT959

Latest Threads