I think one of my Koi has a disease

Reaction score
I've uploaded a couple of photos of a Koi which I believe to be ill.
It's been like that for about 8months and moves & eats as normal.
Basically his face has like a cloudy/white appearance yet from what I see his body looks fine.
I've uploaded a pic sorry there not so clear, in one of the pictures I circled his face, and by the way it looks like the reflection of the water but it isnt :banghead3: Oh and the eyes are starting to get like a white crust around them.
Any help appreciated, thank you.:D

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

Reaction score
Hmmm....its hard to see from your picture, but it does have the waxy look of koi pox. Does it look like candle wax dripped on his head?

Now, the crust around the eye is a different matter. The problem with viruses like koi pox, is that sometimes secondary diseases can kill the fish unless your water is 100% pristine. Can you give us a photo of the eye crust by any chance? Does it look lumpy like cauliflowers? Is it just around the eye area or is it going into the eye? Can your fish see?

I'm curious to your answers. If it was just the koi pox, I would say to just let your fish live with it, but with the eye situation it might be best to simply euthanize the fish humanely.

Let's see some more pics if possible.

Ask a Question