I TOLD YOU WE HAD A FROG LIVING UNDER THE LINER...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Been telling Hubby that for weeks, now. Guess he hasn't been paying attention -- a little while ago [before this rain started], I was sitting in the pond (dry, no water yet) and Hubby walked over to see what I was doing. All of a sudden, "creeoak!" came from UNDER THE LINER. Hubby said, "Was that you?" No, it was the frog I told you about. "What frog?" The one that lives under the liner. "creeoak, creeoak," again. "Are you SURE that wasn't you?" "Creeeeoak!" "That was a frog? Where is it?" I give up! ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I chased more than one out from under the liner while i was building, they like the dark damp area.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So I guess it's under the liner...............the frog.................and oh yeah.............where'd ya say he was exactly :LOL:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Now know we have more than one -- we were serenaded outside the den window last night. Don't know what they are, but they are the noisy kind!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
THEY ARE UNDER THE LINER
froghaha2.gif

Reaction score
lmao j.w. you certainly have my tastes for humor

so tm are you going to raise the liner and look or fill it with water and hope they can make it out?

Reaction score
so is it possible that my frogs disappear under the liners of the ponds when there's water in the pond ?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Had a sighting last night! Until I get my SKIPPY set up, have a small pump [in filter box] going. The return is just the hose. Heard the little guy, went to search. It was perched on the hose, over the pond. Wasn't bothered by my presence at all.

Actually, there is a CHAPTER ONE to this story: two nights ago, heard the frog, knowing I wouldn't find it, but wanted to try. Didn't see the frog. but noticed something bright & shiney moving around the rocks where the water was flowing out. It was one of my gold fish! Apparently, the movement of the water at that spot caught the fish and he flipped onto the rocks! I say the frog was giving a 911 call!

I think it's a Cope's Gray Tree Frog.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
so is it possible that my frogs disappear under the liners of the ponds when there's water in the pond ?

not when there is water, unless there is a hole for them to follow down

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey, we saw our little froggie today :) I spotted him among the rocks right at the water line. Cute little fella -- hoping he has a girlfriend...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Oh ... they will come ... oh yes they will :razz: just you wait ...... you will end up saying what the heck was I thinking :twisted: WANTING !!! it to bring more friends .... :LOL: I remember counting 9 of the little sob's!! about dark one night , right after a rain shower ,, they were starting one of their all night orgies :redface: ...... all that croaking has to break several decible levels ... rofl by building their version of a heavenly garden pond enviroment you are guaranteed to have more frogs to come ... ... I live next to a 100 acre + woods so they LOVE us lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I finally have some...........well 2 or maybe 3. Could use some more but my neighbor across the road hogs them all at his koi pond w/ all the shallow pools in it. There's a horse farm in back of us and the dirt gets low areas from all the horses running around and when it rains they fill w/ water and all the frogs come and give us a lovely serenade each Spring. Love to hear them sing wherever they are!

Ask a Question