I wanna swim in my pond! (Pics)

Reaction score
Well, it's not built yet. I just have a big hole in the yard. But I want the future pond to be kid-friendly. I want the kids to be able to stand in the pond and dangle their feet in the pond. Is this possible? Here are some pics...

pondpump01xa3.jpg

By thecitychicken at 2008-05-19

pond02rm3.jpg

pond01kp7.jpg

Thanks for any tips on what to do next! Liner? The pump was given to me free.

-Katy

Reaction score
I am new at this, too. But I would totally say LINER! :eek:) Cute boy by the way! :eek:) I cant wait to see your finished project! I envy all that green grass and trees for a backdrop!!!!!Post pics when you are done! :eek:)

Reaction score
Thanks, froggymama. I like your name. I want to attract frogs to my pond, too. There are a lot of tree frogs around here. I LOVED frogs when I was a kid.

Reaction score
Hey Citychicken,
Go bigger!! You will definitely wish you had! When I dug my newest pond last year I purposely made steps down into the pond at the deep end. This was for two reasons. 1) Easy access for cleaning etc.
2) A place to sit and soak
The kids love to go in and have the fish nibble on their toes! The bigger fish even let the kids pet them!
I have heard stories of this being unsafe because of bacteria. I've never had a problem, but, you may want to check into it.
Good Luck
Meekaboo

Reaction score
I think you're right, Meekaboo. Go bigger! I'm the kind of mom who wants stuff in my yard to be kid-friendly, so I was telling my kids that I wanted a pond they could get in and let the fish swim around them and play with frogs. Haha! I'm not a "don't touch that!" kinda mom. :eek: I'm sure the PETA people would be happy to hear I would let my kids touch goldfish. :eek:

Reaction score
thecitychicken said:
I think you're right, Meekaboo. Go bigger! I'm the kind of mom who wants stuff in my yard to be kid-friendly, so I was telling my kids that I wanted a pond they could get in and let the fish swim around them and play with frogs. Haha! I'm not a "don't touch that!" kinda mom. :eek: I'm sure the PETA people would be happy to hear I would let my kids touch goldfish. :eek:

Ha! LOL! I LOVE it! I am totally that way, too! I was always an animal loving kid and I don't want my kids afraid of touching the animals either! I think it teaches them respect for life and living creatures! Your pond is going to be sooo cool!
Best of luck!
I can't wait for pics!
Froggymomma

Reaction score
Meekaboo said:
Hey Citychicken,
Go bigger!! You will definitely wish you had! When I dug my newest pond last year I purposely made steps down into the pond at the deep end. This was for two reasons. 1) Easy access for cleaning etc.
2) A place to sit and soak
The kids love to go in and have the fish nibble on their toes! The bigger fish even let the kids pet them!
I have heard stories of this being unsafe because of bacteria. I've never had a problem, but, you may want to check into it.
Good Luck
Meekaboo

Oh! That by that description of your pond you totally inspire me! I love it!!!! I want to see pics!
Froggymomma

Reaction score
thecitychicken said:
Thanks, froggymama. I like your name. I want to attract frogs to my pond, too. There are a lot of tree frogs around here. I LOVED frogs when I was a kid.

Thanks, Citychicken! Your name is cool, too! LOL! I LOVE Frogs and turtles! There is just something about those buggy little eyes! I love the frog song! Croaking frogs and chriping crickets help me relax so much! I love it! I am in the city but I must have been a country girl in a past life! LOL! I bet you will have loads of frogs in your pond once it is completed! It is going to be so cool! I can't wait for pics!
Froggymomma

Ask a Question