I want to watch a pond by remote.

Reaction score
Hello all. I was looking for some advise or maybe a push in the right direction to watch a Koi pond via remote. The story is one of my customers recently fired his grounds keeper so now he needs to find someone to take care of his koi pond. I have some experiance with fish tanks but never did a pond myself. I told him i can help keep an eye on the water temps and ph and stuff like that until he can find a new person to take care of the pond. I was wondering because i dont live near him if there was a way to setup a small computer to watch the pond that i can control from a home computer. I can go there once or twice a week to manualy check on it.

Do any of you know a good company that does remote sensors that could start me off building this system.

Thanks alot.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Watch a pond with a camera? Or have remote sensors that tell you temp and ph all the time?

If you are saying that you can visit there once or twice a week, there really isnt much reason to worry about setting up remote sensors... nobody here is checking their PH daily, unless they know there is a problem and they are trying to balance it out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I agree with ididntdoit, once or twice a week is more than enough checking. I watch our pond via a security system, but is just to see the pond, fish, plants, not the chemistry of the water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
25252521252525212525255FCritter2525.gif
Goneeuro

Do you just want to be able to view them w/camera set up? If so yes you can purchase the set up from a Costco store etc. and set it up yourself. Oops you are in Germany..........do they have Costco stores there?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry, j.w., but there was no Costco when I was last there. They do have some great beer, though!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn thought Costco and Starbucks were everywhere on the planet!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh how could I forget about that one and all the red slime we've eaten for so many yrs!

Ask a Question