Iam looking for pond rock

Reaction score
Country
United States
iam in zone 8 realluy needing more pond rock,,,does anyone have aby for sale....thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
iam in zone 8 realluy needing more pond rock,,,does anyone have aby for sale....thank you 318-377-4964
never put your phone number out on the interwebs, yeppa, that's what my daddy always says...maybe @addy1 can help you out here...ohhhhh, BOSSSS! Got one fer ya.

Check the local stone yards around you; best source this time of year, if they're still open.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@don hollowell It appears that you are in MY neck of zone 8 (area code 318) — so, Shreveport/Bossier? Sorry to tell you that rocks are hard to find around here, at least rocks in the wild. Many landscaping, nurseries carry rocks. Eco Mulch, on St. Vincent has a great supply. That’s where we get ours. There’s another landscaping place almost next door to them. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m in Zone 8–Portland. Have a semi truck full of pond boulders. You pay for loading and shipping and they’re yours!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Based on his area code, he lives in NE Louisiana.

I saw that. Mostly a joke at the idea of trucking a load of boulders across the country. I guess they're hard to come by down there? You can't walk down the street around here without tripping over one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
never put your phone number out on the interwebs, yeppa, that's what my daddy always says...maybe @addy1 can help you out here...ohhhhh, BOSSSS! Got one fer ya.

Check the local stone yards around you; best source this time of year, if they're still open.

View attachment 145401
My sir, you have to delete your quote too...still number there ;)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I saw that. Mostly a joke at the idea of trucking a load of boulders across the country. I guess they're hard to come by down there? You can't walk down the street around here without tripping over one.
I knew it was a joke. The joke is, you are correct: we don’t have rocks, except the store-bought kind. This part of the country is an alluvial flood plain. We have tons of clay. Lots of rocks further north in Arkansas, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sooooo, road trip??

or

I've seen vids where peeps MAKE their own rocks out of concrete, wire, styrofoam, and some paint!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
LOL! I’ll keep my nasty clay, thanks. Not really the kind that seals anything, just the kind that lives around high water tables…..:confused:
oh poop; we all wanted to SEE YA driving up PNW area in a dump truck! Bet CW's lil Barney would give you a hand!

Fine; I'll just sit here and sulk for a bit, then, thank you,,,

Ask a Question