Ice covered now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Happy New Year everyone

Well I was enjoying the warmer temps, not now. The pond this morning. The 2 holes are from the air pumps I leave on all winter, the pumps are still running also.

Quick shot from the pond camera

Channel01_20150101073047_069.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Same here! I warned the fish a few days ago this was coming... They were all "yeah, yeah. Whatever." But the had a full month more with open water than last year, and hopefully winter won't stretch into May again!

Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I turned our pond off at the end of Nov like I normally do when the forecast looked like it was getting cold. Then our temps stayed in the 50's and 60' all of December! I was worried it was too warm to have the water still but at last about a week ago the pond started freezing and now it looks much like yours, just two holes from the air stones. Only about 8 more weeks until I start I start it back up! Yay!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No ice here yet .it has not gotten cold enough .Bottom temp is 45 degrees in the pond .I have to replace the string I realized it came untied or it broke between the bottom and top thermometer and string was floating near the side of the pond so just pulled it up .Top one was under the bridge .I guess I have to get the net out again to get it .I guess I have to learn to tie a better knot .It is getting up to 50 degrees today again .I treated the septic tank last month and guessing that heated it up again .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What a difference a few weeks Make Rob Amy her the pond temperature hit 10c today which for tis time of year is very unseasonal to say the least.
However I note your water falls are still on , in reality they should be shut down until spring
At the moment we have heavy rain here in Plymouth its been a dam and dark day all day , I oly pray it will be dry for my next water change

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a difference a few weeks Make Rob Amy her the pond temperature hit 10c today which for tis time of year is very unseasonal to say the least.
However I note your water falls are still on , in reality they should be shut down until spring
At the moment we have heavy rain here in Plymouth its been a dam and dark day all day , I oly pray it will be dry for my next water change

Dave
No worries Dave, they get shut down every year till spring. I will get them down in about a week or 2

Ask a Question