Ich gone- new problem

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got the Ich under control. 3 days of .3 salt treatment. Things were going well. no dead fish for 2 days and then it got bad. We pulled all the plants out and found several dead goldfish that were decomposed. Changed out 90% of the water to get the nitrites back down. Gold fish are still dying. Has anyone heard of a case of haemorragic septicaemia in a pond? Fish are bleeding from gills and organs are bleeding. (Manual of Fish Health) pics look too much like what I have.Ordered Aqua Medzyme and Medi Koi food. Hope it gets here soon. Would appreciate anyones input.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Sorry never had that kind of problem...Hope meds get there soon.

Reaction score
Have things gotten better? I don't know if this would help now but, I have been using Koizyme the last 2 years. It is bacteria that out competes the bad bacteria that causes infections and ulcers.
Quote on Koizyme :
Koizyme is a biological formula of naturally occurring bacteria, enzymes and micro nutrients. When Koizyme is introduced into pond water that is infected with Aeromonas, Pseudomonas or any gram negative or gram positive bacteria, the bacteria and enzymes in Koizyme competes with these pathogens for the nutrients in the pond water. These nutrients are primarily a nitrogen based nutrient from fish waste. Koizyme will consume these nutrients and thus starve Aeromonas and Psuedomonas. The bacteria counts (CFU's) of thes pathogens will then be reduced to such a low level that they will not have an affect on our fish.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Meds are due in the mail tomorrow. Should have just driven up to Baltimore and picked them up. Only lost one fish in the last 2 days. Still have 3 hanging out in the waterfall area. We lost 90% of our goldfish but thankfully no Koi! We were extremely overstocked on goldfish but this is no way to cut the population. Iv'e never seen a haemmoragic problem in a pond and hope to never see it again.

Ask a Question