ich in pond

sequoiafish

The wierder the better
Reaction score
After eating the pond with anti-ich chemicals, doing a 25% water change and removing the affected fish and treating or disposing of them because they died :profile:, what else do i need to do to my pond to cure it of ich?;)

sequoiafish

The wierder the better
Reaction score
the ich arrived from some new fish that should of had an extra week of quarantine, They looked clean and behaved healthy. Now four fish have passed due to ich.

Reaction score
If you have treated and did partial water change, I'd think that would be good.

If you have fish that you want to keep, I would hold off on putting them in the pond. You can always add a few cheap feeders, if they do fine, you can add the others that survived.

Good luck!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Take out any plants and make the salinity level up to .3%. If you can catch the affected fish, treat them outside for 10 minutes in a 1% solution. My website has a link to a Florida University that tells you more.

Before you put the plants back, treat the plants with a good dose of city water (submerged) for several hours, then spray them off. Your pond must be under .1% when you put them back.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
How long was your QT period?
Too general of a question. QT periods are based on results and conditions. IMHO, Only a local to the pond can make these judgments.

Reaction score
Sequoiafish mentions that they should of had and extra week of QT. Just want to know if she had them in QT for 1 week, which is too short or 4 weeks, which should of been long enough? Simple enough question.

Also, what temp was the QT tank set at? It may have been too low to bring out the ich. If you keep the tank at 78 it will entice any bad things out that will enable you to treat while they are in the QT.

Ask a Question