Ick! Ads!

Reaction score
Forgive me for griping, as I realize that folks that run forums need to make money too to support their sites. But, am not fond of all the advertising that was just turned on. I guess I can live with the google ads that pop up on top, but the underlined link ads in the content of the posts is super annoying.

Sorry, just keeping it real and being honest.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to keep ads to a minimum on the site by only enabling them for guests (and as far as I remember, it's always been that way) - you shouldn't be seeing any ads when you are logged in to the site? Did these ads appear when you were logged in?

Reaction score
they did last night. I got on and there were no ads, and then I went to get a drink and logged back in and they were all over the place. This morning it went back to normal and I no longer see them. Not sure if someone was playing with the settings last night or something.

I totally respect the need for advertising as these sites don't run for free. I get that entirely. And I certainly don't mind a certain level of advertising. But it was crazy looking last night--it was all over the place and with heavy links on half the content on each person's post.

Thanks for explaining. I enjoy the site.

Reaction score
The only time I've ever seen ads on this sight is when I'm not logged in. Sometimes, I've noticed, if I walk away for more than a short time, the site logs me out but leaves the page the way I left it. When this happens I just log back in and the ads go away.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Maybe it is the security level you have your operating system set at, the Intenet provider or possibly even your virus and anti ad software.
There has never been an ad shown on my screen at this site.

Ask a Question