sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you build a box you could always make it look like a rustic cabin sitting near your pond .Thats what I did with my first pond ,a small preformed .these are 4 pics together from my regular camera

Attachments

• murphy pond pictures 001.jpg
    murphy pond pictures 001.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,489

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's cute sissy! Looks like you put a lot of work into making it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh and dummy me instead of saving it I decided to take it apart sorry i did but to late now

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You can hide it pretty well with plants, in the summer you can't even see it. One day I will make it look like a miniature rustic log cabin.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found a pic of a hollowed out log planter and remembered my father had made something similar when I was a kid and he had these large logs on our front porch .He used the chainsaw to hollow them out and put drain holes in the bottom .They did rot eventually but he just made new ones and I may try it since we are taking down some large trees at the other house .So remember that wood you burn in your fireplace can be something else .I just wish my parents took pics of the stuff my dad did .The log vases and the slab log tables and the log furniture we had on our front porch .I even think one of those log planters my dad made for Falling Waters ..If I remember correctly that one had log legs to keep it off the ground .He just scooped the logs out for the legs and set the planter into the log legs

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can see it in my mind ,now I just have to replicate it .I guess if I try and fail at least I can say I tried .

Reaction score
i'm thinking of maybe digging down about 22" or so and pouring a footing with a drain in it, and building a house thingy like that that only sticks up about 1 foot above ground, just enough to be able to easily access the pump and allow the plumbing to enter and exit the sides of the house above ground. something like this would be very easy to hide with plants and rocks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could make fake rocks .They have great video's of how to make them on you tube ,that way if you have to move the rocks they would be lighter .O plan on making more this summer when lowes or home depot puts there cement on sale

Reaction score
yeah i've thought about something like that, like this guy did:

for some reason though i feel as if you'd be limiting yourself to the exact pump/plumbing setup you currently have, and would have to redo it as soon as you changed anything.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I saw that but I make hollow ones inside cardboard box frames and just use broken styrofoam and plastic bags to line the box and I want to hopefully make more .I keep giving them away to friends and stuff .I use the fiberglass fibers to make them stronger since they are hollow

Ask a Question