Identify this plant

Reaction score
Here is a picture of a plant I have in my pond, it was given to me and I do not remember what it is called. The leaves get quite large, I do not remember if it flowered.

Attachments

• HPIM0079.jpg
    HPIM0079.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 345

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
could be rush or Thalia
The little whirly birds are a pain my pond looks the same way from a tree in my neighbor's front yard

Reaction score
I know about the helicopters, I was more interested in the green plant. Lizards Tail maybe? It had a strange name.

Reaction score
yeah, it does sorta look like lizard's tail, which lots of folks call swamp lily. These are baby leaves, so it's kinda hard to tell at this point, since swamp lily has deep green leaves--but the shape does look right.

The Doc mentions rush as a possibility, and most of those are stalky, but pickerel rush is one that is leafy. I try to avoid rush as it can be highly invasive, but from what I remember Pickerel had a purply flower. And the leaves look quite similar as well.

If I had to guess among the two, I would say swamp lily--or lizard's tail, as you call it.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
IL drink to that..
It looks like rush to me i dont know the fancy name the height would be right

Reaction score
I'll try to take another picture tomorrow including the new blooms if I get the chance. The pond rebuild is nearly complete and it requires a lot of my time. Skimmer was set today. Hope we got the water level right. Still trying to get the pond edges right.

Yesterday you said it sounds like rush?

Ask a Question