If you ever have a problem with unwanted algea buy Cloverleaf

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Many of us in the spring and early summer fall foul of either string algae or green water which though healthy for your fish it can eventually cause problems .
Well this year for the first time I had green water yuk I though so off to my friendly Dealership owner Dean fr a chat about what would be best to rid me of the green water whilst keeping my health filters intact so he said have you ever tried a totally natural prodict called cloverleaf on your pond before ?
To this I said sorry no I havent mate.
So he said ok take one large tub and try it I'll even throw in some discount on the order so I bought it, thank you very much mate for giving me the nod on this :happy:
I read the instructions and it stated I use around about 10 measures for my size pond , pre-mixed in pond water use a watering can to deliver .
Ok I thought in for a penny in for a pound Dean says in 4 days my pond will be crystal clear [to tell you the truth I was quite sceptical about this ]. until I saw the results today when we re-deployed the parasol over the pond .
Thje pond was totally crystal clear and markedly missing was the coating of algae that covers the ponds sides and bottom it is totally clear.
Dean says to use it once again near the end of the season and it will take the pond into winter through to late spring .
Total cost to me with discount £175.50p
So please do yourself a favour if your having problems with algae buy a tub of cloverleaf

http://www.cloverleaf.uk.net/blanketanswersurvey.html

I hope this helps

Dave

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
please keep us updated with the long term results .... Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Dave. You are one of the true experts here but my feeling towards algae is it can be a very good thing when nutrients are too high because the algae helps diminish it. Algae will covert ammonia and other wastes into inert substances so I never really mind algae and once the balance of my pond returns I know it will go away. So to me the question is more what is causing the proliferation of algae rather than how to get rid of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
please keep us updated with the long term results .... Dave
That I will DrCase though I've never had green water before now I found the results of this trial very pleasing
If you read the Cloverleaf link it takes you into the results of a survay which you can add too if you wish everyone liked the reslts that I could see

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave. You are one of the true experts here but my feeling towards algae is it can be a very good thing when nutrients are too high because the algae helps diminish it. Algae will covert ammonia and other wastes into inert substances so I never really mind algae and once the balance of my pond returns I know it will go away. So to me the question is more what is causing the proliferation of algae rather than how to get rid of it.

This year we didnt have a parasol over the top of the pond which was in direct sunlight each and everyday infact the place is a sun trap hense the huge parasol weve just invested in Keith .
The algae we did have was not a problem it was short and kept cropped by the koi
Our problem acctually started when this self same sun which is in a suntrap hits a pond that was still under the polycarbonate covering the water turned green and weve been fighting it since
The water perameters are all good and all the dead algae has been ditched out of each filter according to the cloverleaf tub our pond is now in ballance
And Keith I'll say it again I'm not an expert not by a long chalk , just very well informed and passionate in what we do:happy:

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question