I'm an @sshole

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This is the exact reason that Congress has been dragging its feet on Immigration Reform for so many years. Throw out the immigrants legal or illegal and the crops won't be harvested, landscaping will become very difficult to obtain, domestic workers will become unavailable....need I go on. Not to mention that now even large corporations like Google, Microsoft and Amazon rely mainly on non-american employees.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
They're being paid now, plus benefits. It's a long summer but they're nice men with nice families. Don't like it? Suck it. My job sites will be perfect. I issue trucks. Screw the weird shit.

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
This is the exact reason that Congress has been dragging its feet on Immigration Reform for so many years. Throw out the immigrants legal or illegal and the crops won't be harvested, landscaping will become very difficult to obtain, domestic workers will become unavailable....need I go on. Not to mention that now even large corporations like Google, Microsoft and Amazon rely mainly on non-american employees.
It's not polotics. People want to work. I pay $25/hr & benefits & attendance bonus of $

1000, plus my "liberal" incentives (gifts I can afford, based onto fit). Every "gift" consists of $2000 gift card for grocery store. Sad to watch shootings and the justifications thereof.

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My spouse just pointed out that my political stance just cost me $20k. I blinked twice.....and poured another G&T. You only live once.

Reaction score
But why work if you don have to or want to. No one if left to starve in the streets. Immigrants that get cash assistance need to work. Native born don't need to work. Change some laws and see if there is no to take make the jobs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got called nasty names whenever I said how impressed I was with the work ethics of new immigrants we hired.
We're spoiled here in the west, and it shows.
I have a very hard time just finding someone who will be on time every day. Work day starts at 8am employees show up anywhere from 8:10 to 8:30 and don't understand whats wrong .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got called nasty names whenever I said how impressed I was with the work ethics of new immigrants we hired.
We're spoiled here in the west, and it shows.
Here in the South we grow alot of cotton, and have alot of cotton gins. About 15 years ago I worked for a company that did gin work ( I am an electrician) and being that cotton gin work is seasonal (at most 10 weeks) all the employees were Hispanics. The gin owners would pay them minimum wage, but if they worked the whole ginning season they would give them another five dollars an hour for every hour they worked and provided them a place to live (god awful house trailers.... Shameful) but the sad fact they couldn't find American's that would work that job. And I will also say the hardest working and friendliest group of people that I have ever been around in my life....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
put the welfare people to work ,all they want is free money and making babies that we pay for and people seem to think that bringing more refugees is going to help .No way we can't feed the people we have now .We can't give them medical because we can't afford medical for our selves .We have homeless children here that don't get a meal but the parents get a check ,They don't even get medical .Look at the homeless veterans .No bleeding heart here for refugees that don't really care about America they just hear everything is free here .Welfare should have been stopped 40 years ago and we would not have government hoes ,making money off children they don't care about .They just want a free paycheck ,babies for money checks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am all for welfare when used to get someone back on their feet. I am against it being used for lifetime support. In some ways I think China has the right idea about having kids, but rather then 1 per household, number based on income. Don't breed them if you can't feed them.

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
also limit any asistance to those who have a ss number and pass a drug test

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I remember as a young man starting a production job. The word was this was a good place to work and the pay was above average. My first weeks the oldtimers kept saying what "we" didn't do. Not so much what we DID do. I wanted that job and stuck to what I knew best, punctuality and consistency. The work was a no brainer, but the pay was good and I stuck with it. Still thankful for that job today.

Ask a Question