ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hello everyone! By now, it's very likely that many of you don't remember me. I have been a member since 2009, but have since abandoned the forum and basically screwed up my pond in silence. Anyway, I just replaced the liner of my pond and added a waterfall. It's very naked right now but it's definitely a big improvement from what the pond looked like before. Let me know what you think, and let me know if you recognize me from the old days or not :cool:.
IMG_1811_zpsfefa8a3f.jpg

Filling for the first time.
1a56daa0-cf3e-47f5-af14-bb1696bddeae_zps31ff539e.jpg

Some of the rocks are in and the bricks are in place.
IMG_1815_zpsfeb7d117.jpg

Waterfall! :)
IMG_1819_zpsa260b5c9.jpg

First plants in the pond:D

A lot has changed so if I'm posting incorrectly or breaking any rules let me know o_O

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks good .you need a lotus for your pond waterfall .I am growing elephant ears and grasses in my waterfall pond and then I built a lotus pond on the side .I like the square shape .

ZmanArt007

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I definitely want a lotus for my pond! Unfortunately the actual plants are really hard to come by around here in Nebraska, and whenever I try to grow them from seed("nuts") they never seem to make it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You are better off with the tubers but now is not the right time of year .i am growing some from seed but I got 2 tubers from another ponder who built his pond but had no fish .So I gave him babies and he gave me tubers .I found out most of the seeds are tropical .Elephant ears or cannas would look great but would have to take them in for the winter .I got some mini cattails from lowes .

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Let me know what you think, and let me know if you recognize me from the old days or not :cool:
I think your pond looks real nice especially the edging but pink is not a good color for you. Do you have any fish in there?

ZmanArt007

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I think your pond looks real nice especially the edging but pink is not a good color for you. Do you have any fish in there?
Pink is not a good color for me? What does that mean? The fish are in an indoor tank right now. I'm moving them back in later this week once the water is acclimated.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
What is under the boards? Filter media? Would be pretty to make that whole area into a bog. Looks big enough to provide filtering for your pond, and you would have more planting space.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear he was in grey and there was girl in pink either his daughter or wife :LOL:

ZmanArt007

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
oh dear he was in grey and there was girl in pink either his daughter or wife :LOL:
Actually, that's my father and my sister :p I took the picture.

What is under the boards? Filter media? Would be pretty to make that whole area into a bog. Looks big enough to provide filtering for your pond, and you would have more planting space.
The little wooden platform hides a commercial filter. My parents hate looking at the ugly thing so we hide it in there. My parents are also sick of the constant modification and reconstruction of the pond, so I probably won't be putting in a bog any time soon. I'm going to treat the above the waterfall pool as somewhat of a bog or plant filter and load it up with a ton of plants.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I remember you (Zack) and your kid brother w/ the weird youtube video's
I was gonna say you can't be one of those people in the photo cuz you were just a young kid a few years ago making videos. I found this one just now on you tube:

ZmanArt007

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Yes I remember you (Zack) and your kid brother w/ the weird youtube video's
I was gonna say you can't be one of those people in the photo cuz you were just a young kid a few years ago making videos. I found this one just now on you tube:
Yep, that's me :D I don't have a brother though, I make those with my friends and cousins. I'm in college studying as a film student right now actually.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome back! :)

I think the only significant change since you were last here is the forum software, so let me know if you have any problems finding your way around. We have a new showcase section which is definitely worth a look! (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep, that's me :D I don't have a brother though, I make those with my friends and cousins. I'm in college studying as a film student right now actually.

Good for you Zack going to school and following your dreams and neat that you have a nice new pond to sit and relax by after all your studying

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well you have a handsome looking dad and a really cute sister .I started on ponding because of my son and his friends back in NJ .They went to the fair and I dropped them off and picked them up and there they all were standing with there bags of fish they won .I was stuck with 6 -15 year old's and 12 fish and 1 dead one ,so we all know what came next .15 year old's supposed to help but like flies they flew away after they got bored and hungry

Ask a Question