I'm back

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for my ebnforced time away from the website , this silly person ended up bed ound for nearly two weeks after picking up an anchor wrongly in he back garden.
The 35 kg admiralty anchor was given to us by our friend Steve for the garden as an early Christmas present but he put it in the wrong place and I wanted to move it but we had no Jeff to help.
I simply forgot the first rule of weight lifting (always lift with a straight back) and went to lift the anchor with a bent back lifted then something gave and I was in agony.
The only thing we could do was strict bed rest I'm too near my much needed operation to bugger my chances of getting it done mind my backs been bad on and off for years now , you could say lifting the anchor aggrovated thngs greatly .
I suppose at age 58 I sould start thinking I'm not young man anymore shouldnt I ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dont I know that now Dr Chase but at last one small mercy at least I didnt drop it on my foot :inpain: :hurting:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats exactly what we said , we can paint it up and make it a centre piece off to one side of the pond.
That however is in the spring :cool:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx big Lou I'm due an operation to my spine in either Jan or Feb of 2015 and I honestly thought I'd screwed that up big style .
The operation is to fit a secral Nerve stimulation device to in part help me with my back pain but also to help elsware due to damaged nerves
We hope you have a Merry Chisrtmas and wish you all the very best for 2015

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not many people get to say they wrecked themselves picking up an anchor. Now you are one of the lucky ones. Sorry it hurts you and hope your surgery fixes you up good
gif.php

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Ha Ha j.w. you've done it again with your moticons and sure know how to cheer a person up , I'm still getting shrp twinges if I move to fast but hpefully that should settle , what makes me laugh out loud though is on the Aircraft Carrier I served on as a Leading Seaman we'd handle anchors weighing tons and I get stumped by what in all respects a little bitty one compared :LOL:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey did you and your men ever sing this one Dave while dragging in that anchor?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Ha Ha j.w. you've done it again with your moticons and sure know how to cheer a person up , I'm still getting shrp twinges if I move to fast but hpefully that should settle , what makes me laugh out loud though is on the Aircraft Carrier I served on as a Leading Seaman we'd handle anchors weighing tons and I get stumped by what in all respects a little bitty one compared :LOL:

Dave

Dave, as my wifey reminds me I'm not the 26 year old, 145 lb, military man anymore. I stayed strong and fit all through my 20 year career but things things changed in the 22 years after that. Keeping a smile on my face is always a plus. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom

No but I do star in this series twice once non speaking once speaking :cool:
My first apearance is on this episode please excuse the strippers nudity swearing etc at the start thats just sailors for you back then.
There is a bit with a young sailor who gets brought back aboard in a really drunken state with no trousers as hes told to go away and a hand is put on his back he walks past a young man to his left wearing a blue denim shirt or no 8 uniform as we called them (at 21mins 27-30 seconds into the film), well that young man is me age 17 years old .
The poor boy brought back aboard was acctually in my mess (he was weirdly into reading british rail time table books).

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question