I'm Done

BBK

Reaction score
Went out to my pond today and 4 out 5 fish were dead and the 5th wasn't swimming. Looks like he's going to kick the bucket too. When he does I think I'm just going to fill the hole with dirt and give up.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your loss. Any idea as to what caused it? We had 2 major fish kills the year. Lost 95% of our gold fish and then a month later lost 2 large koi and most of our fry. I thought about just growing water plants but like most of us, I'm hooked. Don't give up!

BBK

Reaction score
The water is bubbling so somebody dumped something in there last night. I'm tired of putting money into something that people take advantage of. Smells like chlorine so my guess is somebody put bleach in it.

Reaction score
Unbelievable! This is why I have security cameras surrounding my home, they have night vision lenses. I also have motion detector lights on the rear and sides of the house. It does a great job of deterring any type of fooling around by addle minded punks.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
BBK said:
Went out to my pond today and 4 out 5 fish were dead and the 5th wasn't swimming. Looks like he's going to kick the bucket too. When he does I think I'm just going to fill the hole with dirt and give up.

Can you re-build your pond in a more secure area? Add cameras, even if they are dummies?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I keep my ponds behind a fence to keep out unwanted visitors ,,
Hate to here you say you want to quit

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
I agree with all the others. Don't give up! The loser that did this to you would get too much satisfaction. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. There are a lot of sick people out there.

Reaction score
Dont quit BBk, cmon try some other alternative. This is about ponding here. Sorry for your loss but something good will come out of all this. Start again you will not regret it. Dont let those thugs win, show them. Good luck we all support you to keep going!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Think outside the box. "Where can I build a more secure pond".
Cameras will let you know who and when. They are getting cheap and wireless for computer video.

BBK

Reaction score
I had the cameras up, they were on the back fence pointing over the pond to the walkway to get to the pond. They must have dumped it from behind the camera. I've put so much money in it and every month something goes wrong. I can't afford to keep buying repairs for it because people think its funny to ruin something. If I knew who it was I would go bleach their whole yard, let them pay a few grand to replace something someone broke. I'm just going to put a board over the pond and put some wood chips on top. Maybe someday I will decide to try again, but not in the immediate future.

I cant afford to keep buying fish the way the economy is going.

Ask a Question