images in posts

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
Why do people insist on "attaching" an image in their posts? I dont really want to download those images to look at them.. And opening with a program really is a pain.. but I want to see some of these pictures!

Is there a sticky here explaining the good points of PHOTOBUCKET and embedding images? I think it would make looking through the forums a whole lot more enjoyable if most people started embedding images.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You must be on dial up. Mine load in a few seconds. Personally, I avoid going to Photobucket because it takes much longer and opens yet another window.

Once here, they stay online, we can go back and view them many times. I have found that Photobucket stuff sometimes gets taken down and the images are then lost forever.

You don't have to look at them if it bothers you that much.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
Its not that they dont load.. I have really fast internet.. I do web design and have ridiculous upload and download speeds.. Maybe theres something funky having a mac, but whenever there is an "attached" file, when I click it, it wants me to save it to my desktop.. i dont WANT to save it to my desk top.. i just want to click and enlarge.. or see a large picture to begin with.

I have NEVER had an image removed from photobucket.. You only see broken images in posts and such because the original owner closed his photobucket account or deleted that image because they did not want it to show anymore. Its not lost forever.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Well there is your problem. Get a real computer. PC's don't make you save them, it is an option by right clicking.
Images, once placed in the Forum are here forever, not so with photobucket.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
yea.. a real computer. I'm not about to get into a war over PC or MAC, but a I will tell you that a pc would never be able to handle the work load that I put on my computer.

I just dont see why its such a bad thing? I mean, it saves space on the forums server, it makes it a LOAD easier for EVERYONE to view..and, people dont have to click ANYTHING to view it because it can already be a decent size.. Just asking is all. No reason to take so much offense and get snippy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You shouldn't need to download attachments to view them, so there must be something on the site incompatible with the MAC browser. Normally it will pop up on the screen when clicked, rather than forcing a download. I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix this :twocents:

Ask a Question