In all my contemplating about a new pond build in years to come...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have thought about maybe moving the fire pit out onto a island of sorts in the middle of the pond.

But then I thought "we get drunk around the fire on occasion and I suspect someone would eventually fall in"

Fire pit in the middle of the pond? Hmmmm good idea or bad idea.

Reaction score
AMAZING IDEA!!!!!! As long as the island is big enough for a few people to comfortable sit around the fire. And if someone falls in ..... makes for a good story.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Seems like to have a fire pit and room to hang around it, it would have to be fairly good sized so would eat up a lot of water space. Maybe it could be on the side of the pond but built out into the water enough to have water just on 3 sides like you would find on a lake. Cant think of what you call it right now. Sounds adventurous. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
just make sure yuou burn clean stuff and not dirty chemical stuff that could drift into the pond...

propane tank, one of those propane fire pits, no junk floating into the pond.
Love the idea, of a "island" fire pit, think I would make it a bump out island like stated above.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I spent some time last night sketching out some ideas and yes it would be a large round area with water on three side. But also a small QT pond on the fourth side that may appear to be part of the larger pond but is not. I think I would go with one of those portable fire pits rather than one built in so I can move it if we want to use the space for tables or such during large get together's.

This new pond build idea of mine has really gotten out of control LOL. I want the sun the moon and the stars!!! LOL. With that said, I will definitely wait a while (years) tie down exactly what I want before I even start,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only thing is your homeowners insurance may frown on the idea if they decide to do a drop by inspection of the home .Shocked me my insurance company did that to me last year and I have never had that happen before .They even took pics .He said that some companies are doing it to make sure properties are insured right .I guess they don't want to pay on a house fire or something for 2 hundred thousand and the house only be worth maybe 50 thousand .

Ask a Question