In the planning phase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Hello all!

It was suggested that I introduce myself and my pond goals.

I am planning on constructing a pond in my backyard in November. I have built one pond before. This one will be much better now that I know so much more. I have had reef tanks for about a decade. I currently have a planted freshwater aquarium.

The pond will prob be 500-1000 gallons with an active bog, waterfall and skimmer. Goldfish will live in it. Going to be a slower build I imagine. The good thing about Florida is that I can dig the hole by myself in an afternoon or two by shovel, especially after it rains. The soil is quite soft and sandy. The challenge is finding good rocks that aren't $$$.

I will create a pond build thread as soon as actual progress begins on it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I got my rocks from local creeks and from farmers that stack rocks from the fields that they want to get rid of

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group,
Careful your walking down the same path I did . first the reef then the planted tank, I guess I should replace my avatar with a pond picture and not my planted tank. I originally planned a small pond but as I read and planned it out it grew to a 18'x25' that grew to about 30' x 25' with a stream and a Cadillac bog that became two bogs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to follow your project!
smcookies.gif

Ask a Question