indoor aquarium

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am planning to buy new aquarium for my bedroom. Suggest some idea and best fish :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
depends what you like for angle fish a tall ie deep tank for neons guppies platties mollies a long tank, i have the latter with a loach and 2 coridories cat fish, i run a external uv and filter running 1000 ltrs per hour and a 8 watt uv on a 100 ltr tank, aquariums need a lot more water turn over per hour than a pond and more than people think, or why not go tropical marine very nice
2015-02-07 11.20.36.jpg

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
20 gallon tank with a modest stock of some easy fish like guppies and Cory cats. Keep the stock light,somewhere around 6 fish or so.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I much rather see a tank with shawls of guppies tetra neons community fish than 3 predator fish eating each other not nice to see and quite expensive to keep stocked because you have to keep buying more lol

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
And i absolutely do not recomended a sw tank to anyone not totally committed to its upkeep. I set up a reef tank about 10 years ago and wish I hadnt,price,maintenance, etc, etc. I could have had another motorcycle for the money I have dumped in it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It was only a question asked by a member wanting help! Surely that's what we are here for sorry but the enjoyment of keeping fish any fish, is the enjoyment of keeping fish

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
And i absolutely do not recomended a sw tank to anyone not totally committed to its upkeep. I set up a reef tank about 10 years ago and wish I hadnt,price,maintenance, etc, etc. I could have had another motorcycle for the money I have dumped in it.
And when I was doing it, the prices kept going up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Problem with Tropical tanks is the fish that stock them are all wild caught because breeding programs cannot match the colours of wild caught fish .
Thats all well and good but the demand for them gets greater and greater each year .

Dave

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Problem with Tropical tanks is the fish that stock them are all wild caught because breeding programs cannot match the colours of wild caught fish .
Thats all well and good but the demand for them gets greater and greater each year .

Dave
That's not true in many circumstances, quite a few of the more popular fish such as angelfish are all captive bred. The place I used to buy from had the majority of the fish coming from breeders. Where your statement is almost totally true is for sw fish. The ways they are caught are truly horrible with the use of cyanide to stun them.

Ask a Question