Indoor flowering pet safe plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
My name is Andrea from Nevada and I'm disabled. But I love water gardens and would love a small indoor bowl garden. I would like to know if there are any water flowering plants that can be used around animals. Also basic beginners instructions would be helpful too! Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
hi welcome :) , have u asked plant nurseries around u if they have any ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But most plants that go into water have to be safe for other animals since they are fish safe .I know my cousin has a small deck pond in a big planter and she grows catnip in it for her cats .Lemon grass is also safe .Parsley and other herbs grow good in ponds also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cannas are poisonous to fish Iv know that .At least the flower is but people still grow them in ponds

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't read that yet but fish have different systems than cats and dogs. It differs between cats and dogs too. I know it sounds weird but if you think about it cats are just small tigers and lions and dogs are from wolves,\ Cats that chew on lillies are going to get poisonous to

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and Welcome!!! Many garden plants can be grown hydroponically. I'm not an expert but you may want to consider common garden plants like petunias and impatients. Petunias need strong sunlight and impatients prefer shade. I have seen impatients growing in clumps in a pond so I know that can definitely be done.
Since many people have these plants in their gardens I would assume they would be okay with pets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry cats get badly poisoned and dogs can be severely effected. When I read about the water hyacinth I asked the nursery and he told me not to buy them because regular hyacinth is also toxic I left

Ask a Question