indoor polyurethane 700 gal koi pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
cant seem to get my water to clear up-a friend told me to take rocks out of bottom and go with bare bottom--med size river in bottom now--have 3 500gal bottom filters--3 150 gal under gravel filters and floating skimmer

should i take out river rocks

thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and it is not about the rocks it is about the fish and waste from them .Do you test your water

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes water levels are ok nitrite a little high but no ammonia and nitrate ok-ph good--water is just cloudy and yellowish

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Where do you live @christie ? Could you tell us more about your pond? How old is the pond? Does the pond have live plants? Do you remove any old plant material? Is there muck build up on the bottom of the pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where do you live @christie ? Could you tell us more about your pond? How old is the pond? Does the pond have live plants? Do you remove any old plant material? Is there muck build up on the bottom of the pond?
i live in montgomery,al-took out my few live plants cause to messy--i just had floating and kept cloggng skimmer--

Reaction score
Country
United States
ihave river rock bottom

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
ihave river rock bottom
Is there sediment on top of the rocks?
How big are your fish and how many? Maybe they are stirring up the water?
I don't know about the yellow tint. If it were an outside pond I might guess pollen or water run-off from the yard.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought yellow could be from phosphates and ammonia .I had it on my indoor stock tank in the basement and think is was a combo of not enough light on the pond .I added a grow light bulb over the tank and it went away .I also cleaned the quilt batting .I only had 3 fish in it and the mini cattail was growing in it .

Ask a Question