Inherited Beautiful Pond but So Many Questions!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All!
I was so excited to explore the world of Koi Ponds and am thankful to have run across a forum page. I was hoping to hear some advice ASAP.
I recently bought my first home and was sold because of the backyard. There is a beautiful Koi Pond with a small waterfall and tiny feed-in pond. I have four koi fish that are vibrant and I would like to keep them that way. Since I have bout right at the start of winter, I find myself needing to know what to do when running into some slight issues.
I am hoping to hear from other koi pond owners how they handel similar situations. I can't wait to search and see what I find. Or I may start my own question if need be.
Once my pond picks back up in the spring I would love to post some photos!

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello and.welcome
More info with pics would go a long way.
Pond size: length , Wight , depth
Pump size: how many gallons per hour
What kind of filter do you have
Do you have or is the pond equipt with a air pump

Where do you live and how cold is it and.how,cold could it get.

Ruben

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and winter all depends on where you live ..I have koi but I live in Virginia so winters are not bad .Do you know how many gallons your pond is and what type of filter and what size pump and is there aeration

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Hi and welcome! There is lots of knowledge here on this board, especially about caring for ponds during the winter in almost every temperature zone.

I was in the same situation two years ago--we bought a house and inherited a pond with it. My fish have survived two very cold winters, water quality and algae issues in the summer, and, so far this winter, they have survived a busted pond pump thanks to help from the great people here. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome, lucky you
you inherited a pond with fish, I just got the fish and no pond

Ask a Question