Installed LED solar lights for my garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent job for my garden. Modern looking stainless steel designed outdoor solar light. Fully charged, the light can function for approximately 6 to 8 hours, about 4.5 hours of daily sunlight should be sufficient to keep the lamp fully charged. The garden would be great when its all planted up.

1Ljzk1N
1UGnpQp

Last edited by a moderator:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of solar. Good job

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Those look real nice! I'd givin up on solar landscape lights years ago in exchange for low voltage lighting. While I still prefer the low voltages they have made some decent progress in the solar garden lighting market. I've recently acquired 3 new solar systems. Light systems, not solar systems;) Now I'm using LED ones with remote collectors so the lights themselves don't need any exposure at all. My newest one has a much larger storage battery also. Yaaa solar!

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Those look real nice! I'd givin up on solar landscape lights years ago in exchange for low voltage lighting. While I still prefer the low voltages they have made some decent progress in the solar garden lighting market. I've recently acquired 3 new solar systems. Light systems, not solar systems;) Now I'm using LED ones with remote collectors so the lights themselves don't need any exposure at all. My newest one has a much larger storage battery also. Yaaa solar!
With 28 turtles total in the rescue right now I think they take up an entire solar system sometimes :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never really cared for solar the batteries are expensive when you have to replace them and all the lights here are wired in and are all LED and installed them my self .Each one uses 2 watts of electricity and there are 30 lights total .The 2 in the back yard are brighter and use 4 watts but are for my doggies safety .I have LED lights down both sides of my drive way .and by the pond and by my address marker .I wanted emergency people to be able to see the address .I do have a solar panel I bought from harbor freight for back up

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I never really cared for solar the batteries are expensive when you have to replace them and all the lights here are wired in and are all LED and installed them my self .Each one uses 2 watts of electricity and there are 30 lights total .The 2 in the back yard are brighter and use 4 watts but are for my doggies safety .I have LED lights down both sides of my drive way .and by the pond and by my address marker .I wanted emergency people to be able to see the address .I do have a solar panel I bought from harbor freight for back up
Solar does have its strong points though... My pond is a good 1200 yards from the house so wiring is not convenient. I had it all running on a Subaru genny before finally burying cable for a 2nd meter but the meter is only about 1/4 closer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen them here freeze when ciovered with snow and batteries freeze and crack .My neighbor had duracell ones that died

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I got light in my new shed without running power:) I liked that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I ran my own wire to the shed in conduit and since son is a licensed electrician and wired my pond and loves his mother so much ;)He put all the pond stuff on indoor switches so if anything goes wrong I can just turn the outlets off at the pond from inside .He was telling me that he can even do new switches that you can turn off by cell phone ,tablet or laptop

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son helped with the roof and the front porch and electric and water .I did the rest of it and built all the furniture and sewed all the blankets and curtains and furniture cushions ,yummy eggplant

Attachments

• pics on durecell back up 218.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 218.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 249
  • pics on durecell back up 227.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 227.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 257
  • lotus seed pond and property and eggplant  2015 082.JPG
    lotus seed pond and property and eggplant 2015 082.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 228
  • lotus seed pond and property and eggplant  2015 083.JPG
    lotus seed pond and property and eggplant 2015 083.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 212
  • lotus seed pond and property and eggplant  2015 109.JPG
    lotus seed pond and property and eggplant 2015 109.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 217
  • pics on durecell back up 202.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 202.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 222
  • pics on durecell back up 214.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 214.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 208
  • pics on durecell back up 228.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 228.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 206
  • pics on durecell back up 221.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 221.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 205
  • driveway and all round yard and pond 2015 042.JPG
    driveway and all round yard and pond 2015 042.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 223

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sunking and Kellie are one and the same, trying to drop links to buy this product - I've banned both and deleted the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question