Installing a pump / filter in pond

Reaction score
Hi - hoping someone can give me some advice. We just moved into new house that has a beautiful koi pond. We decided before we moved in that we did not want to keep the pond (have young kids etc). So, we had the previous owners remove the koi and drain the pond - they also removed the filter. Of course now that we are in the house, we decided we may want to keep the pond - just water no fish. How difficult is it to put a filter/ pump in? Are there other things we will need to do before doing this? Any suggestions for a good filter/ pump? Totally new to "ponds" and slightly overwhelmed.
thanks in advance.

Reaction score
So you feel the pond is safe for children now without the fish in it?

You don't need a filter if you don't plan on having fish, but if I was you I'd see if I could contact the previous owners and ask them about getting the pond up and running again. It was their pond, they would know it better then anyone else, there might be some things you should know about it.

Ask a Question