Installing liner over muddy bottom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
A little water made it into my excavation site before I could get the underlayment and liner in. The deepest area is still pretty squishy ( very slow draining hard pan nightmare dirt!). It won’t have a bottom drain , so can I go ahead and install the rest despite the mud? The sides are dry, so I can’t imagine why this could be a bad idea- that’s why I’m asking all you kind experts! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
your much better off removing the mud before you place the underlayment and then your liner.
1. Are you lining the pond walls or bottom with stone or is this to be a baldy
2. the rubber can get stretch as the mud dries out this is not ideal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
GBBUDD, it’s you! I am a huge fan of your YouTube pond posts- stunning and natural!
I am definitely lining the entire thing with rocks- and your comment makes complete sense- thank you! I will continue to stare at it until it is dry before proceeding. God knows I don’t want to face any re-dos! Thanks for the quick help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am a huge fan of your YouTube pond posts
But of Corse you are how could you not be!!!! Just kidding............ Thank you that's a heck of a compliment especially since this is the one and only pond i ever built.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GBBUDD, it’s you! I am a huge fan of your YouTube pond posts- stunning and natural!
I am definitely lining the entire thing with rocks- and your comment makes complete sense- thank you! I will continue to stare at it until it is dry before proceeding. God knows I don’t want to face any re-dos! Thanks for the quick help!
Word of advice make it as big and deep as you can, most build there first pond and it last only a couple years. Until they expand on it or just start all over and build a bigger pond. We can also help with identifying potential issues before you put a shovel to the ground.

Ask a Question