Interestng Turtle Pond

Reaction score
I went by the Marriott hotel tonight to see some visiting friends. Well imagne my surprise when I walk outside to see an enormous turtle pond. And by enormous, I mean HUGE! I couldn't believe it!!! I couldn't even get the whole thing in one picture. What a neat set up. All sorts of resting rocks, goes under a bridge then down to some rapids then a water fall. The turtles seem to be free to leave as they want to as there are no fences and several were just hanging on the wall. As you will see from the pictures there are several places to just lounge and watch the turtles.

Love this set up!

@Marshall you might enjoy these pictures and set up.

t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg
t5.jpg

Last edited:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Atlas said he wants one for Christmas...

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I think that is salt water too and those turtles may actually be native because I would imagine if they were exotic then the hotel would have to keep them inside somehow so they did not become "invasive". Great find by the way and thanks for sharing :D They look like eastern longnecks but could be some kemps sea turtles in there too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We attended a wedding at Embassy Suite's once and they too have a big indoor pond and stream, with bridges over them.....lots of turtles - so cool!

Ask a Question