Intro, from SoCal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all. I'm in the greater Los Angeles area and am looking into finally getting started on a pond. It's something I've been wanting to do for over a decade and an ready to finally get started.

I have over a decade's worth of experience keeping freshwater tanks and saltwater reefs so I'm familiar with a lot of what it takes to be a responsible caretaker, but pond-keeping is new to me and I'm looking for some direction, specifically what articles or posts I could read to get an understanding of how to plan for a proper pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1666645086637.gif
and welcome @bobcatbearchair

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If I had to go back in time with what i know now and to point myself in a direction for information . i'd start with OZPONDS on you tube he is a sofy spoken slow spoken and spells out what's what though maybe a little too simplistic sometimes.
That's where Modern design aquascapings comes in john explains and shows the more nuts and bolts of pond building. You can spend hours if not days going through all the videos between them .
I put together a showcase that isn't exactly short its self but after the walk down of the pond there is a build section with all kinds of information and questions when building a pond. that like is below this post in the showcase

Ask a Question