introduction

Reaction score
Hi, I 'm new to this hobby and I have many doubts yet.I invite you to share experiences with me.
You can see my pond in YOU TUBE at "my fish pond updated 3.AVI "

Reaction score
Thanks, but my problem right now is "water Quality"
I tested the water with ammonia test kit and I saw the same resul testing the tap water.
the test show 2 mmp in green color.Someone know how to read that?

Reaction score
But what are they doing in side the UV filter ? Are dangerous for my fish?
I killed them yesterday with alcohol .
Migth be they are intestinal nematodes(parasites) ?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well i havent seen what your talking about...but i get blood worms in my filter and i leave them be. google bloodworms and see if theryre what you have if they are feed em to your fish...you can buy bloodworms to feed fish.

Reaction score
Hola , quien quiera que sea, pues estoy pasando las "de Cain ". He descubierto cosas que no habia leido que encontraria , ademas de ver algunos de mis peces enfermos y ahora ando desvelado para sanarlos.Lo lograre sin dudas.
Gracias por tu bienvenida

Reaction score
Esperamos ayudar te con tus problemitas. Encontrastes un buen sitio para aprender mas!

[We look forward to helping you with your problems. You've come to the right place to learn more.]

Reaction score
Diablos , pero que escasos de palabras son todos en este sitio.Haces tres preguntas y solo rodean el tema , nadie aqui es consiso, exacto.Me da la impresion que pierdo mi tiempo a veces.Para llegar a una respuesta hay que escribir 4 o 5 ocasiones y aun asi tengo que adivinar lo que quieren decir.

Reaction score
Vi que tienes piedras en el fondo. Eso muchas veces loque hace es capturar y acumular sucio. Posible que no tienes suficiente filtro mecahnico??? que es lo que recoje lo sucio.

Tambien haces cambios de agua regularmente????

Reaction score
Yo inicie mi pond cometiendo muchos errores que ahora estoy pagando. Traje plantas del los everglades , de los canales de la calle 8, peces ( golden shiners) de los que se usan para pescar truchas, sembre plantas con tierra del jardin. Cuatro meses despues , los resultados son esos.Peces enfermos .No he tenido muertes , pero hay que estar alerta.Por otro lado los productos para la AMMONIA no funcionan como dicen.Yo trato la amonia en el agua del grifo(agua de la ciudad) y no le baja la concentracion.Trato con muchos productos y no he estabilizado uno solo , buscando mejores precios.
Y asi ando, mañana comienzo a hacer un pozo de agua , pues el bill me ha venido muy alto, el pond me consume mucha agua .

Reaction score
you need biological filtration and mechanical filtration, like the ones in the diy section, how many gallons is your pond???? I have a 22 gall one and it works great for what i have. What size is your pump???? Buy some benefical bacteria after you build your pump to kick start it. after your water change you can buy the kick start liquid they sell. Follow directions. as for your fish, you may want to take pics and have someone here diagnose what the problem is so you can cure them. its a process but you will need to start somewhere

Ask a Question