Iowa Girl

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hello! I've lurked for several years... trying to get my pond built right. Started with a small stream into a 4x5 pond, had nothing but trouble: leaks, water not flowing right, etc. Several unfortunate events that resulted in pond being emptied out overnight or while I was at work. Fortunately there were no fish. I've given up numerous times but somehow I keep coming back to thinking I NEED this in my "Secret Garden". Finally got a kit (should've done that in the first place) and have things running now. It's a lot of work but already gives me so much satisfaction. Doing a lot of tweaking around the edges, transplanting some plants from elsewhere in the yard, waiting for my pond plants to arrive. I suspect it will never be "done" but at least most of the hard labor is over. Whew! I'm sure I will have many questions in the coming weeks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and happy you dd not give up and you are right ponders are never ever done .Finally note never done ;)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome-group.gif

So happy you persisted. Any pics?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Were you ever able to figure out what caused your pond to drain out? Things like that happen, and boy, they are discouraging! But half the fun of ponding is investigating and working out the kinks. Glad you have the desire to keep at it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Newbie here too!! First time I put water in mine it all drained out. When took the liner out I discovered a pocket gopher or some such critter chewed through it! That's how I learned that I needed an underlayment ! Happy pounding!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to GPF. I'm always surprised more people lurk rather than join as there are no drawbacks to joining as far as I know and only advantages. I have also met several gpf friends in person and everyone is very nice. You will find there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that will be happy to help you.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had my liner chewed also and then next tme I put roofing felt and the underliner .

Ask a Question