Iowa Indoor Pond

Reaction score
I posted two pictures earlier but got no response about some sort of reddish algae growing on a black rubber indoor pond liner. I'll try again and hope someone can help.

Attachments

• pond close up.JPG
    pond close up.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 186
  • pondscape.JPG
    pondscape.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 239

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
could it be from iron in your water .i know my area has iron in the water and if it sits to long it stains stuff .I have to flush my toilets even if they are not used just because of the high iron content .I have have to keep cleaner in the tanks so it does not cause problems with the flapper .It could also be muck since you say it is an indoor pond ,it could come from no natural light .Just a reaction also maybe from something you added to the pond also .Do you have a test kit for the water

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
KSundstedt
I've had something like that in an aquarium I used to have. It was kind of a slimy brown color and appeared on all the plastic/stone decor. Could be some kind of algae as there are lots of different kinds but I don't know which exact one this might be. Some here use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of algae. Sissy above my post here uses it so maybe she can tell you how much to put in. It won't hurt your pond.
Have you tried anything yet to get rid of this stuff? Does it feel slimy and come off easy when you run your finger over it?

As for you posting earlier w/o a response I think your post must not have attached here as I see it says you have only posted once in your post above and I don't remember seeing another one from you today. Anyway it worked this time :)

Ask a Question