IP Camera for Viewing Over Internet

Reaction score
Hello,
Is anyone using a camera to remotely monitor their pond over the Internet? I've been doing a little research. It would require an outdoor model, wireless reception, and the capability to forward the ports so that it can be viewed over the Interenet remotely. I am looking for a way to monitor my pond while I am away to make sure mainly that the waterfall is functioning.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Dons, who is a member here and the Admin of BBQSource Forum has one. I can monitor his fish in Florida from So Cal.
Send him a PM.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been looking at a couple of those on tiger direct online .I also looked at one at harbor freight it was a security camera with everything included .I may go with the one for just my home use as it can be used for security purposes too .I really want to start cheap and just try it out first and then maybe go bigger set up .I do not travel much right now and I am not planning to in the near future ,So figured it would be best to go with easy setup and try it out .Just like ponds start small go bigger lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I have one on the property to monitor for guests ( intruders) while away. Check out D-Link.

Wireless link to your internet, live monitor from anywhere you have internet. Can send you an email when there is motion detected and record video for short duration upon activation by motion as well as weatherproof. Not sure how to set it for lack of motion but you can set motion sensitivity as well as area to scan.
Set it up to drop a flag or stick when the water flow shuts off and it can email you a warning.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got cameras for my property and 2 are pointed at my pond and I can see them any place I go .They were elec (the name ) I bought them on ebay 4 cameras each set .I love it because I can see what is going on down there even at night

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I got a ring doorbell and it would be perfect for pond viewing. I may get one for that. They have a solar version

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine are wired and cost 89 dollars when I got them and now sell for 58 dollars on ebay .I could have gotten the 8 channel but preferred 2 4 channel ones

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 8 camera wireless system, watching over my 2 and half acres. Mostly in front of my chickens and behind them. I also can watch the monitor live or on my phone live or be notified of movement or watch any past videos I ask it to play. I do have 2 small shots of my private road and of course my doors and windows. Notifications get a bit much when the wind is blowing. All our plants set it off....LOL

AS you can see in my photo I have to move 1 of them for they are near metal buildings.
security.jpg

I love it.

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have been looking at a couple of those on tiger direct online .I also looked at one at harbor freight it was a security camera with everything included .I may go with the one for just my home use as it can be used for security purposes too .I really want to start cheap and just try it out first and then maybe go bigger set up .I do not travel much right now and I am not planning to in the near future ,So figured it would be best to go with easy setup and try it out .Just like ponds start small go bigger lol
I got the Harbor freight one this spring. It works well but test everything befor install. The dvr did some weird stuff after a week and the store swapped it out for me. No problems after that. One of the four is on my pond so I can see it at any time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Go with Wyzecam, it’ll be the best $20-30 you spend and no monthly fees.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You have one? $30 for a good outdoor camera?

Ask a Question