Iris sibirica 'Concord Crush' (siberian iris)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Has anyone grown these in their pond/bog? I am blown away by the beauty of this iris!
https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/IRCC

It says, "Violet-blue ruffled, multi-petaled flowers supply an exotic look to this dependable, low-maintenance flower. Its elegance is heightened by glowing yellow signals nestled among the lavish layers of petals. Blooming in late spring to early summer, some later rebloom can be expected from Iris Concord Crush. More delicately flowered than Bearded Iris, Siberians are very adaptable and easy to grow. Equally at home in the flower border, or a moist (even bog) garden."

IRCC_0a_Iris_Concord_Crush_bl.1574274607.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh that’s pretty! Many iris like wet feet, give it a try, and if it’s not doing well, try raising it higher so the rhizomes just above water level.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I haven't grown that particular one, but Siberian Iris are very tolerant of soggy soil. (I've grown different ones in areas of the garden that was intermittently flooded with runoff) If you try it, I'd suggest keeping the crown well above the waterline. One other good thing about the Siberian ones is that they are WAY less prone to borers than the bearded varieties.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would place it at the edge of a wet area if thats not available build up an area like was said let only the roots sit in soggy soil. i don't think any iris wont grow in soggy soil but many will not grow in the water

Ask a Question