Is a water feature possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a small pond surrounded by patio. The wife is reluctant to have anything “ ugly” on the side of it but I want to have a small feature on one side : water fall / water pouring in .
Has anyone any ideas please? I can’t see anything that I could just set up that’s subtle, using the pump I have: a cup129.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Chris

Attachments

• EB2F2D42-80D8-4817-8C6D-A9AC9AF95446.jpeg
    EB2F2D42-80D8-4817-8C6D-A9AC9AF95446.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 60
  • BF8CC331-BB84-4734-A2E0-0B413D9F384B.jpeg
    BF8CC331-BB84-4734-A2E0-0B413D9F384B.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 61

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
How about this guy nothing screams classy and understated like someone taking a leak in your pond. Even sorta matches the tile around the pond.
C8E97B5F-6150-4B09-A729-E6883A923814.jpeg

I am sure you could find amother cool looking spitter if this little guy doesn’t do it for ya.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure you could find amother cool looking spitter if this little guy doesn’t do it for ya.
Hmmm - thanks for that . Think she would be less p… off if I stood there and peed in the pond - I’m not so permanent. Though I like the statement.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
There are some good-looking spitters out there, but the cheap ones all look like concrete walruses. Even a small fountain on that pump could add some interest.
1627054829109.png
1627054892157.png
1627054941586.png

John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How about this guy nothing screams classy and understated like someone taking a leak in your pond. Even sorta matches the tile around the pond.View attachment 141285

Thanks for the spitter idea - I’ll have a look around.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do an internet search for “pond spitters,” or “decorative pond spitters/fountains.” They are out there. You just have to match something to your decor/personal tastes.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll have a Google. Much appreciated.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
love the bronze/brass fish spitter, John; do you have a link for purchase? I guess I COULD google, I suppose...
I just pulled those pics off the interweb, but the 2nd and 3rd are older Laguna products. (I have the one on the right.) Unfortunately, Laguna no longer carries them, but there must be others out there. The one you like is sold by Bradshaws Direct in the UK.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
There are lots of spitters out there.
or...you can get creative and make your own out of just about anything.
Some members here have created spitters drilling holes in rocks. The ideas are infinite.

I think the vase type would look good around your pond. You can tilt it with some sort of support under it so it pours nicely into the pond.
You can buy a vase already set up or buy a vase and drill a hole in it to attach a hose.

Use a bulkhead fitting for a watertight seal. Get the type that accepts threads instead of the slip (glue) type.
Screw a barb fitting into the bulkhead fitting for connecting the hose.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are lots of spitters out there.
or...you can get creative and make your own out of just about anything.
Some members here have created spitters drilling holes in rocks. The ideas are infinite.

I think the vase type would look good around your pond. You can tilt it with some sort of support under it so it pours nicely into the pond.
You can buy a vase already set up or buy a vase and drill a hole in it to attach a hose.

Use a bulkhead fitting for a watertight seal. Get the type that accepts threads instead of the slip (glue) type.
Screw a barb fitting into the bulkhead fitting for connecting the hose.
Thank you - and thanks to everyone who has chipped in with ideas.

Ask a Question