Is Fishmate going out of business ??? Need a filter for my inherited fish.

Reaction score
Is Fishmate going out of business ???
Need a filter for my inherited fish.

Sent them bunch of emails re. manual for Fishmate 2000 UV.
Absolutely no response.
Seems it is a British company that is shutting down or just plain gone,
or else just ignores its customers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Issue is: Bought a house with a broken Fishmate 2000 UV filter. Would like a manual so as to determine what can be repaired or replaced in filter. Any constructive help or advice would be appreciated.

Also, a question. What is the most popular commonly used filter manufacturer and model of filter used in Koi ponds in the U.S. ?
If I am going to buy another filter, then I certainly need a company more reliable than Fishmate.

Am also posting this on other forums, because I am concerned for the health of these little fish which I have inherited.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
There are tens of thousands of ponds everywhere doing just fine without UV filters. So no need to panic.

What is broken on yours? If it is just a bulb, they are standard and not specific to any manufacturer.

Reaction score
Thanks, but, please, there's no panic here. I'm only talking about filters and fish.

I'm not concerned about the bulb. Replacements are readily available on the net. The parts I would like to repair or replace are:

Plastic tube: The filter has a black tube that affixes to the filter lid, and coursed through the multiple filter elements, extending from the lid, to nearly the bottom of the filter cannister. This tube has three tabs which retain it onto the filter lid. Two of these tabs have broken off, and the tube will not stay in place. I would likt to purchse this part. Where ? How ?

Glass tube: The filter has a clear glass tube that affixes to the filter lid, and resides inside of the black tube. This glass tube is broken into two pieces. The glass tube, seemingly protects the bulb, and also is a barrier between the water, and the electrical components in the lid. Even without use of the bulb, this glass tube would be necessary to keep the water from circulating within the electrical components. I would likt to purchase this part. Where ? How ?

White stones/elements: The upper section of the multiple internal filter elements, is a cannister containing some loose white "stones". I don't know what these are, or what they do, and where/how can I get replacements. I would like to know this information, and, thus, would like a manual or brochure or something/anything that would help me understand this filter.

Manual/brochure: I would like to know where I could download some document which could help me understand this filter, and its components.

Other filters: What is/are the most popular commonly used filter manufacturer and model of filter used in Koi ponds in the U.S. ?

Fishmate, the manufacturer, seems to be a dead site, or at the least, a poorly maintained site offering no customer support. Of course, I would never buy a product from this manufacturer.

Answers to these specific questions would be most helpful.

Again, any constructive help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. Ditto on blessing our troops. May God bless them and care for them.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Pancho
Try using Google. I found many places that are dealers for Fishmate. Some stock replacement parts.
Petsmart.com
PondUSA.com
macarthurwatergardens.com
Just to name a few.

Camper Man

Pond Curator
Reaction score
You may want to balance the cost of parts against just purchasing another filter. That particular Fishmate UV biological filter sells new for $125 on King of Ponds website. The rocks are called "Supra," also known as alfagrog in England. It's a porous inert filter medium that claims over 100 times the biological surface area of conventional plastic media. Supra sells for $6 a liter bag at MacArthur's Water Gardens.

Ask a Question