Is it okay to move koi in late November?

Reaction score
I live in NC where our average temp. in late November is around 60 for the high and 40 low. Soon the rebuilt pond will be ready, but I wasn't sure if that moving them this time of year would be too stressful or simply not be adivseable. Please advise me on the pros and cons. Thanks!

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I would start to cool off there water inside or where you have them right now. I moved my fish last year in the second week of December. I had 3" of ice on the pond at that point and I got all of them moved with no issues. I did fill up the tank inside with pond water and some huge chunks of ice so the fish and the water could warm up together. Just make sure the water has been filled for a few days in the new pond and you treat the water if you have too.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How far aolso do you live down into NC ,I know I go down there alot and in the winter even Greensboro is 20 degrees warmer than here and sometimes even warmer .You may just want to get the water temp as close to the outside temps as possible

Ask a Question