sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use led grow bulbs and a fish tank aerator and my basement does not get cold .I had the floors and walls insulated when the basement was built .Plants don't mind cooler temps as a matter of fact I found they prefer it .I have a stock tank on furniture dolly and I also have a huge fish tank and I use one aerator I got from petco that has 4 ports on it .I have the led grow bulbs on a timer so they only come on after midnight when my electric rates go down .I then sell or trade for plants I would like at my garden center come spring .They get plants super early and I get what I want

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I put mine in the basement in a concrete mixing tub and just like hyacinth and water lettuce a little light and miracle grow does wonders for them over the winter .I just cut them back and they grow nice and spring comes and I have plants ready to go and don't have to wait for the only store here to get them in and that means no green water or start up problems with my pond
I once tried putting a couple in my indoor fish tank but they got all yellow and I dumped them later. Should I have kept them til Spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I plan to pull my tropical plants in the next day or so. Too late in my opinion. We actually pulled the Taro and last night. Had them for lunch today it was really good. I will need to share the recipe from my wife. Keep in mind we planted and ate edible Taro. I have a 55 gal tank in the basement that I will move the plants to and likely put another bin under it and cycle the water between the two. Our watercress went crazy so I will likely eat and freeze it. If we can find a way to cook it or use it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They need fertilizer and I use an led grow bulb and an aerator .I prefer to save money and that is how I could afford to retire before I was 50 .Plus I have plants in my pond before any one else and I can sell some to my local garden center and help them while I make money for my flea market finds .I guess most will say I am cheap or frugal but well at least I try to save mother earth by recycling things .;):)One mans junk is another mans treasure .Jw you knows that

Ask a Question