Is my fish trying to tell me something?

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
The other day im out staring at the pond, like most days, thinking about maybe supplementing some income with my ponding/aqua gardening endeavours and my largest female swims by and the marking on her head says it all. $ Its was the first time I noticed it. :lol::regular_waving_emot:surfing::fish2:

Its hard to see in the pics.

Attachments

• P6250025 (Custom).JPG
    P6250025 (Custom).JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 389
  • P6250022 (Custom).JPG
    P6250022 (Custom).JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 341

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
real hard...like i cant see what the heck your talking about!...but i think i can safely assume its a $...dollar sign!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yep real hard lol , but I am sure it is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ sign

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha I can't see it either...........maybe it is meant only for you to see.........$$$ cha ching :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sorry koidaddy, I didn't mean to be offensive. Their have been a number of younger visitors lately and I probably assumed you might have been one of them. My point was get rich schemes quickly burn out whereas education serve you for a lifetime. Now that I spit that out I wouldn't mind supplementing my income too so you are not the only one!

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
CometKeith said:
Sorry koidaddy, I didn't mean to be offensive. Their have been a number of younger visitors lately and I probably assumed you might have been one of them. My point was get rich schemes quickly burn out whereas education serve you for a lifetime. Now that I spit that out I wouldn't mind supplementing my income too so you are not the only one!

Gotcha CometKeith, I do agree about the youngsters should study and stay in school but that ship has sailed for me(class of '85). I am thinking toward retirement. On a similar note my daughter just got accepted into the University of Florida's nursing program. Just over 100 out of more then 600 applicants got in. Hands on classes at the Shands hospital in Gainesville!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A lot of people I see make so many mistakes not saving towards retirement or even thinking about it and preparing for it ,save save save .I promised I was going to retire at 50 and actually did got to it 5 month's before my 50th birthday and I still managed to raise to sons .! is 36 now and the other will soon be 25 .I never quit what I start .But sometimes think I need a new enegizer battery LOL oh and congrats due to your daughter

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
sissy said:
A lot of people I see make so many mistakes not saving towards retirement or even thinking about it and preparing for it ,save save save .I promised I was going to retire at 50 and actually did got to it 5 month's before my 50th birthday and I still managed to raise to sons .! is 36 now and the other will soon be 25 .I never quit what I start .But sometimes think I need a new enegizer battery LOL oh and congrats due to your daughter

Thanks sissy, we are very proud of her. Im glad my wife has a good plan going. Shes the brains and CFO of the operation here. I am just the braun that does all the grunt work. But I help us save alot by doing thing myself. I hardly ever have to call "The Guy $$$$$$". Grow my own produce. Fix my own cars and find a use for almost everything(recycle).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep do that myself you have to be more like that these days .THE GUY always cost mega bucks ,I just call my older son ,he is my guy LOL owes me big I gave birth to him .He is in construction and does all my electrical and plumbing .I'm a vegetarian so grow everything I can ,fruit trees all over my property here .Three acres gives me good space to grow things .So far have replaced battery cables on my truck and a couple of hoses and few other things .The guy does the rest meaning son LOL .Well when he's here he works out of NJ right now .To busy for mom lately

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
koidaddy, our youngest is going to be a senior in hs and has always wanted to be an architect. Now that building and construction has tanked we are trying to convince her to do something else like engineering because she has the grades and scores to do that as well. She was first in her honors physics course. But it looks like she still wants to be an unemployed architect when she grows up!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I worked for The U.S. Army corp. of engineers as a contractor for many years. A field that not many think about but is wide open for growth. Environmental law, Environmental engineers. University of Maryland is one of the top schools to be looked at for these students, but Noted schools that have great expertise also, Texas A&M, University of Alabama, One of the two Big schools in Florida, and ?? dang I can't think of the other one but it's near Duluth Minn. It's a cool job! I really enjoyed it while I was there. Some of the kids I worked with were coming in at $60,000 a year and this was 15 years ago. Pretty interesting work, Erosion control, invasive weed control, dredge sediment testing, Agriculture run off testing, architectural site testing, River and Bay management, are just to name a few of the areas that they work on.
I wish I had stayed in school and gotten a degree, Here I am now almost 50 and could be looking at having to go back to school to learn a job my neck and back can handle.

:alieneyesa:Oh if we could only turn back the hands of time!!!!!:regular_waving_emot

Ask a Question