is my water ok

Reaction score
no3 = 0
no2 = 0
gh=0
kh=6
ph=6.8
cl2=0

i dont understand wot any of these mean i got the 6 in 1 test dip sticks by tetra can any on e help is my water bad
tony

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Tony,

Do your fish appear to be sick? Is your pond water clear? Do you have adequate filtration? Water test kits can be purchases at most any pet supply. :)

Reaction score
oldmarine said:
Tony,

Do your fish appear to be sick? Is your pond water clear? Do you have adequate filtration? Water test kits can be purchases at most any pet supply. :)

they dont appear to be sick except one or two are still healing from ulcer from last year i did the test kit but i dont no how to use it really my water is clear
tony

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Pond water

Tony,

I took me awhile to get the balance right, but I found by asking a lot of questions, and reading through many of these postings, many of my questions were answered.

In my pond, I found that I needed some kind of balance. It is a combination of pond size, right amount of fish, right amount of plants, right amount of trap door snails, and the right filtration system for my pond. All in all, what might work for me, won't always work for you, and visa versa.

My first big frustration was finding the balance that was going to help me get my pond water to be clear and stay clear. I found that my initial problem was that my filter set up was not adequate for the size of my pond. So keep asking questions and you will find the answers.

Keep an open mind, and happy ponding,

Rich :banana: < me when I first started out.

Ask a Question