Is super glue appropriate for pond patches?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if super glue was appropriate for a small leak in my pond, more specifically my pond waterfall.

I will need to add a foot of extra liner to a part of my waterfall that is leaking very little. I was going to use a lot of surface area for the glue which would be gorilla clear gel. Is that the appropriate glue for this? Is there any other appropriate glue?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
nope. Watch some videos on youtube so you understand how it's done but you need material specific patches and glue, depending on what your liner is made of. You'll need EPDM patches and glue if that's what you have. HDRPE I believe is patched/seamed using heat. If PVC, well, get a new liner.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1619020423866.gif
and welcome @manonthemoon
I don't think that will work at all for long anyways. I would think you would have to patch it like you would a tire inter-tube. Thankfully I have never had the issue.............yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Can you just lift the liner and build up the soil under it instead of trying to seam it?

If it were me and it was just the waterfall, I would take it apart and either rework the existing waterfall liner or purchase a new liner. Just replacing the waterfall liner won't be expensive. Small liners like that are cheap.

Seaming can get tricky. You need to know for sure what material you are working with and then purchase the proper seaming kit. Even then it may not work out and your time and money will be wasted.
Unless you know for sure, you'll need a little experience identifying what your liner is made of by just looking at it. There's EPDM, HDRPE, HDPE, PVC.

If you redo it, just make sure the liner is shaped in a concave fashion so that any water that gets under or around the decorative rocks can only return to the pond.

Ask a Question