Is there a way to.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.... you wanted to ask a general question, and wanted it to be a public note [so that everyone could benefit from the answers], but wanted to direct it to a specific person so they would get a "ding".....

Say that I wanted to ask Dave54 a question about a fish disease. If I made a general post under that topic, Dave54 might never see it.

I could PM him, but then no one but me would benefit from his answers.

Or I could PM him and let him know that I made a post that required his attention....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, you could tag a member in the post by simply typing the @ symbol before their name - eg @Mmathis

Most members will have their notifications set up so that they get an alert when they have been tagged in a post. If they have disabled this function then it work work though.

Hope this helps! (y)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yup, you could tag a member in the post by simply typing the @ symbol before their name - eg @Mmathis

Most members will have their notifications set up so that they get an alert when they have been tagged in a post. If they have disabled this function then it work work though.

Hope this helps! (y)
I'll try that -- Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
.... you wanted to ask a general question, and wanted it to be a public note [so that everyone could benefit from the answers], but wanted to direct it to a specific person so they would get a "ding".....

Say that I wanted to ask Dave54 a question about a fish disease. If I made a general post under that topic, Dave54 might never see it.

I could PM him, but then no one but me would benefit from his answers.

Or I could PM him and let him know that I made a post that required his attention....

TurtleMommy either way would be ok with us , I try to cover as many of the health threads that I can but if I miss the odd one please forgive me my memory as well as when the Heavy doses of medication I take daily takes its toll.:(

Dave ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mozzzika

Latest Threads