Is there some pond-safe transparent spray to coat on not-safe materials?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using concrete bricks to construct my pond. There may be a couple of places where the water is in contact with perhaps 10-20 bricks (e.g. flowing over a waterfall). I don't know the chemical composition of the bricks, and so don't know if they are harmless to the fish or if they can affect the water chemistry. As such, is there something, perhaps a clear paint or spray that can be applied to completely coat the bricks, that wouldn't be easily visible (water already flows on these bricks, so I think any gloss wouldn't be aparent), that can seal in any potential harmful chemicals contained in the bricks?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Isn’t your pond going to be around 30,000 gallons or so? If so, I doubt if there is anything in the minimal amount of bricks that touch the water that would adversely affect the ponds water quality In a pond that large. Most likely there isn’t anything unsafe In the bricks/blocks in the first place.

Ask a Question