Is This A Lotus?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this a lotus? I thought they didn't grow this high, but it looks like one to me. This was in Tahiti. Maybe they grow differently down there?

Attachments

• 20200801_004028.jpg
    20200801_004028.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170427_150722.jpg
    20170427_150722.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 81
Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely a lotus. They can get very tall, mine have gone 8'!
Wow, that's tall. I have never seen any that tall before. I ones I would usually see were a different color and much shorter, even though the flowers for the most part looked the same.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I bought it from a vendor. Probably in the spring of next year I should put some cuttings available here. I *think* I know how to ship them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I could send you some seeds. I have no idea if they are fertile, not knowing anything about self-pollination of lotuses (loti?)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I could send you some seeds. I have no idea if they are fertile, not knowing anything about self-pollination of lotuses (loti?)
If they are nice round and fat they were fertilized. If squished looking don't bother with them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That would be great. Just tell me how much and do you take PayPal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If they are nice round and fat they were fertilized. If squished looking don't bother with them.
Apparently another trick is whether or not they float in water? If they float, they're not fertilized.

I don't know if that's really true, but I saw people saying that in the customer reviews where I bought my seeds recently.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently another trick is whether or not they float in water? If they float, they're not fertilized.

I don't know if that's really true, but I saw people saying that in the customer reviews where I bought my seeds recently.
I saw that on you tube the other day.

Ask a Question